(1) No need to install and maintain various pneumatic pipelines.
(2) Electric actuator valve can load without power, while pneumatic actuators need a constant pressure supply.
(3) The stability of the pneumatic actuator is relatively poor. while the electric mov actuator has no danger of “leakage”, and motor operated valve have high reliability.
(4) Electric motor operated valves have compact structure and small size. With a basic electronic system which includes an actuator, a three-position DPDT switch, a fuse and some wires, Easy to assemble.
(5) The Electric power supply is very flexible, such as 12Vdc, 24vdc, 110vac, 220vac, 380vac, 440vac, etc., while the pneumatic actuator requires air source and compression device.
(6) The electric rotary actuator is quieter, the noise is lower than 50dB while working.
(7) For pneumatic actuator device, it is usually necessary to convert electrical signals into gas signals, and then into electrical signals. The transmission speed is slow, and it is not suitable for complex circuits with too many component stages.
(8) Electric motor operated actuator modulating type can control the valve more accurately with input signal, such as 4-20mA, 0-10V,etc.
2, Advantages of pneumatic actuators:
Pneumatic actuators have its own advantages too!
Thats why now pneumatic actuators are more widely used that electric motor operated actuator valve.
(1) The Pneumatic actuator can work in harsh working environments such as flammable, explosive, dusty, strong magnetism, radiation and vibration, which is superior to hydraulic, electronic and electrical control.
(2) Pneumatic actuator control is quicker.
(3) The load is larger and can be adapted to applications with high torque output.
(4) Compared to air source, The electric motor is easily damaged.